Today marks the start of public access to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, which means it’s time to get a jump start on revamping your fall wardrobe! Above I’ve pulled together some of my favorite looks and below I go into more detail about the styles, structures and how they fit into a New Englander’s winter wardrobe.
If you can buy two items and two items only, these would be the items I suggest putting into your online shopping cart. Both of these items I own personally and am actually repurchasing this year because, well frankly, winter is coming!
- Madewell 10-Inch High Waist Skinny Jeans – Blue Denim is a must for any New Englander’s fall wardrobe, and this year I’m specifically stocking up on these button fly jeans. Madewell’s high waisted denim is not only the comfiest around but they’re perfect to tuck the coziest of cream fall sweaters into all winter long.
- J. Crew Olga Boiled Wool Topcoat – Nothing says taking the train into NYC to witness the holiday lights, quite like a wool topcoat! I purchased this exact coat in cream, last year and was ecstatic when I saw it in a brilliant red. Pull together a neutral sweater look with this traditional yet colorful winter coat.
If you’re looking to add new pieces to your fall wardrobe these wardrobe select pieces are for you. From the classic mule to the more modern over the knee boot, a New Englander’s closet is rooted in tradition but open to new pops of color and structured statements. Below are pieces I’ve personally purchased this year, those of which I’m ecstatic to style for you all.
- Funnel Neck Shirt – Every New Englander has a funnel neck shirt. I have about fifteen of them but the great part about this one is all the little details. I’m a fan of the little buttons on the collar and the more youthful and dramatic shirttail hem. I highly recommend this shirt to any college gals or young professionals, it’s a wardrobe must!
- Over The Knee Boots – A little outside of my comfort zone but for the best. I decided to go with a more mature boot selection this year, compared to my constant bootie purchases. These stunning over the knee boots will look gorgeous come fall especially when styled with pops of fall color.
- Madewell High Waisted Black Denim – I really don’t have much to say about these jeans besides the simple fact that I live in them. I wore mine so much that last year, they ripped, which was slightly embarrassing but I’ve had them since high school so no judging. On that note, I plan on purchasing two pairs of these and calling it a day.
- The Loafer Mule – I already own the classic Madewell loafers, from last year so I couldn’t help but yelp from excitement when I saw they made a loafer mule combo. The only way to celebrate was by purchasing both the Black and English Saddle color sight unseen.
- Found My Friend Sweater– I purchased this exact sweater a few years ago and am so happy they brought it back. You can see me style it in this post here, however it runs SUPER large. I’m usually a medium in tops and I purchased an XS so size down ladies.
- FRAME Le Slender Straight Leg Jeans – I love straight legged jeans with mules and I’ve been looking for an affordable lighter denim for the longest time. I haven’t gotten these in the mail yet to try on in person but fingers crossed they work.
Shop This Post: