Happy St. Patrick’s Day guys!
I loveeeeee St. Patrick’s Day mostly because I LOVE corn beef and partially because I totally think leprechauns are a thing. I can remember hunting for leprechauns with lucky charms in my first-grade class, hahaha, just picture a ton of little kids throwing lucky charms in the grass. Ever since then I’ve kind of loved the idea of leprechauns & the Disney channel original movie, Luck of the Irish didn’t help my obsession.
Anway this year Matt & I will be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day in TX, which I’m slightly sad about because my Mom always makes a wicked good corn beef!
So Matt & I decided to make a new St. Patrick’s Day tradition, since I’m not the best cook we invite friends over for a little cocktail party before ubering over to our local pub to celebrate with some proper Irish corn beef.
When the idea of hosting a pre-corn beef cocktail party came into my mind, I knew I had to include St. Patrick’s Day themed drinks! So after scouring the internet I found a few recipes I loved and just added my own twist to them. I’ll break the whole menu down below.
Shamrock Sour Cocktail:
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 2 ounces Irish whiskey
- 1 tiny drop of green food coloring
- lime wedges for garnish
- Just combine all the ingredients into a shaker and shake, shake, shake! Garnish with lemons or limes for an extra pop of green!
GINGER & MINT LIME FLOATS:
- 1 can of chilled ginger ale
- 1 cup lime sherbet
- 2 springs mint
- 2 lime wedges
- Like an float, I usually poured my soda in first. I started off by pouring Ginger Ale into a cup, plopped my lime wedges and slapped mint into the ginger ale and finally generously gave myself two heaping scoops of lime sherbet.
- Stuck a fun straw into the mixture and enjoyed!
- I got this idea from a blogger Michael that I love! Make sure to check out his recipe which doesn't include soda but rather his own ginger mixture!
Iced Irish Coffee:
- 1 ice cube tray
- 2 cups of chilled coffee
- 1 tablespoons cinnamon sugar trio by simply organic (soooo good)
- 1 shot Irish whiskey or 1 shot Bailey's
- 1 container of half & half
- Okay, earlier in the day or the night before, use one cup of chilled coffee and fill an ice cube tray. Freeze the coffee cubes overnight or for at least 4 hrs.
- Once ice cubes are ready pop them into your cup along with the above ingredients. Finish the drink off with half and half to your liking. Enjoy!
I hope this post inspired you guys to have a little fun tonight! Whether you’re staying in with your friends or headed out to grab your own corn beef, it’s fun to just take the time to celebrate.
Oh and if you guys are looking to create a menu of your own, here is the template for the one I created. I’ve used minted several times, this isn’t sponsored, just love them they also have free online invitations, so convenient!
Anway happy Friday! xx Aubrey
Shop My Current Favorites: